A Big List of Haverford College Alumni in Politics, Policy and Government
Help grow this list further. It’s a work-in-progress.
Since graduating from Haverford College in 2001, I’ve run into many fellow alumni working in politics and policy — and seen even more from afar.
For those current students interested in politics, policy and government, I thought it might be useful to compile a list to see the wide variety of career paths and people from Haverford have pursued post-graduation.
This list includes people working across a wide variety of industries, organizations, job functions, and is definitely bipartisan.
This is a work-in-progress and has been compiled from public information (Thank you LinkedIn, Wikipedia and Google). Apologies for people missed in the initial version or errors made. Please add notes in the comments to help add to the list, make corrections and/or updates. If you are on the list and would like to add information or be removed, please reach out in the comments or at email@example.com or 570–780–5660 (iMessage/Signal).
The Big List of Haverford College Alumni in Politics, Policy and Government (Alpha by Last Name)
- Bruce Andrews, Vice President for Global Public Policy at SoftBank Group
- Richard Andrews, United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware
- Lisa (Bauman) Watkins, Health Policy Director at Anthem
- David Benner, Public Client Practice at Motley Rice
- Adam Berg, Chief Counsel, U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations
- Michael Broome, Senior Counsel at Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
- Sarah Bruno, Executive Director at Public Leadership Education Network
- Ron Christie, Political Analyst at the BBC
- Chris Coulston, Asst. Attorney General of New York State
- Andrew Eldredge-Martin, Senior Director at Bully Pulpit Interactive
- Nicholas Evans, Vice President of U.S. Government Relations at CGI
- Kevin Foley, Ph.D Candidate at Cornell University and formerly Associate Director at The Brookings Institution
- Eric Goldberg, Partner at Akerman LLP and former CFPB Managing Counsel
- David Hamilton, United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Ben Huebner, Chief Privacy and Civil Liberties Officer at U.S. Government
- Michael Hildner, Planning and Environmental Coordinator at Bureau of Land Management
- Brad Klapper, Senior Vice President at Qorvis Communications
- Mark Levine, Democratic Council member for the 7th District of the New York City Council
- Daniel Liebman, Acting Assistant General Counsel — Regulatory Affairs Division at Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Kermit Victor Lipez, Senior United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Jennifer Maranzano, Trial Attorney at U.S. Department of Justice
- Joe McCool, Captain, U.S. Army Reserve, JAG Corps and Fmr. Asst. Philadelphia District Attorney
- Terrance Pell, President of The Center for Individual Rights
- Emma Reinhalter, Community Engagement Manager at Youth For Understanding USA
- Matt Rice, Africa Branch Chief at National Counterterrorism Center
- Rob Richie, President and CEO at FairVote
- Rebecca Saxton-Fox, Advisor at USAID Global Development Lab
- Nazanin Soroush, Foreign Affairs Officer at U.S. Department of State
- Waleed Shahid, Communications Director at Justice Democrats
- Steven Spaulding, Chief of Strategy & External Affairs at Common Cause
- Scott Sargrad, Vice President, K-12 Education Policy at the Center for American Progress
- Andrew Seiffert, Principal at Byrne Strategy LLC and current advisor security policy and programs related to IEDs/WMDs
- Julie Snyder Hyams, Government Relations Consultant at Drinker, Biddle & Reath
- Ken Stern, President of Palisades Media Ventures and former Chief Executive Officer of National Public Radio.
- Kate Stewart, Mayor of Takoma Park (MD) and Principal at ConwayStrategic
- Brian Tashman, Political Researcher and Strategist at ACLU
- Sam Tubman, Manager of Special Projects in the Office of the CEO @ the Obama Foundation
- Rich Thomas, General Counsel & SVP of Strategic Initiatives at League of Conservation Voters
- Adam Wilson, Analyst at Congressional Budget Office
Last update: February 5, 2019